Happy Saturday! Welcome back to another What’s on My Mind where I tell you what’s going on and what you should know about. Let’s get into it. 😊
- Congratulations to Kamala Harris and Joe Biden on their inauguration to Vice President and President. It was a stressful couple of weeks leading up to Wednesday, but nothing makes me prouder to be a woman than seeing other women succeed. Watch out – there’s glass everywhere from ceilings being shattered.
- Taxes. I’m not a financial expert, but wanted to share the tool I’m using to file taxes this year: Credit Karma Tax. It’s not as in-depth as other platforms may be, but if your taxes are pretty simple, it’s a free resource to get your taxes filed this year.
- Ring Fit Adventure. This is more for people who also have a Nintendo Switch, but I received a Ring Fit Adventure for Christmas and it’s my most-played game so far in 2021. The general premise of it is you save a village from an evil spirit-type thing and the way you “battle” is by doing basic workouts (think like: squats, overhead press, etc). Let me tell you – if you have good form while doing the workouts, it’s a great way to get active at home.
- Bullet Journaling. I started a new bullet journal this year in my Leuchtturm 1917 dot grid notebook. I changed things up a little to be more focused on short term goals, rather than long term ones. What needs to be done today? What are the habits I’m trying to build? Rather than getting overwhelmed, a modified version of the Ryder Carroll version of bullet journaling really allows me to focus on just today. 10/10 recommend if you’re looking to stay on top of those new years resolutions.
- Foster Bruno Update. I’m happy to report that Foster Bruno has truly settled in nicely. He’s been with me for about 3 weeks now and we’ve gotten into a really great routine. He still struggles with some things (like his stubborn-ness on walks). But I’m going to miss my buddy when he gets adopted.
What have you been up to? What has been on your mind? Let us know in the comments below!