Hello! Happy Saturday! I’m excited to share my list of things that have been on my mind lately. I’ve found a bunch of things I’m really excited about, so let’s get to it!
- I bought some cute concrete planters from Awkward Auntie a while ago that I’ve been meaning to share about. Sarah (the Awkward Auntie) is a local artist in Austin who makes cool concrete planters and things. Please check her out! Her work is beautiful.
- Greg and I loved Enola Holmes on Netflix. It’s such a fun movie, and it has a great feminist plot arc.
- I recently read Pride by Ibi Zoboi, and it’s one of my favorite books I’ve read so far this year. I covered it in my Q3 book review but wanted to mention it again here in case you’re looking for a new book. I love books that put a twist on classics and really make them their own, and this one delivers on the Pride and Prejudice plot.
- My favorite hard cider company of all time is Citizen Cider in Burlington, Vermont. Greg and I make a trip up to New England every few years, and Citizen Cider is always on my to-do list while we’re there. They recently started shipping to Texas, so now I can get my cider fix in between trips!
- On weeknights, I like to unwind by watching reality TV while crocheting. I have strict criteria for a crocheting show-it needs to be something I can follow without looking at the screen much so I can focus on my project. Making the Cut on Amazon Prime is my newest crochet show. I feel like it has a lot of what was great about Project Runway before the PR challenges started getting really absurd and reality TV-ified. And as long as I watch the final fashion show, I don’t miss a thing.
- This cardigan is my current crochet project. It’s my first time doing a sweater, but this pattern has been really easy so far!
- As I’m working to live a more sustainable lifestyle, I often find the news around climate change to be really dire and discouraging. I recently subscribed to a newsletter called Everyday Eco which is a quick two-minute digest of good news regarding sustainablility and climate change. It’s been a nice mood boost and motivator!
- I think I’ve shared before that I love Pinch of Yum’s deep dish cookie bowls for two. Its an easy dessert for Friday nights when I’m craving a treat while watching a movie. I recently tried out a s’more version of the cookie bowls, and it’s just as good as the original! The only reason I’m not saying it’s better than the original is sometimes you just want ice cream. But if that’s the dilemma, it’s a good problem to have!
What are you loving right now? What’s on your mind? We’d love to hear from you, either on social media or in the comments below. Also, check out our email newsletter for updates as new posts are published!
**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click a link and make a purchase, we may earn a commission.**