Can you believe it’s almost November already? This time of year always flies by for me. I’m determined to make the most out of these last few months of this year, even if 2020 has been rough. I feel like I’ve been getting into a good creative groove in the last few weeks, so I’m hoping I can keep that going. And I hope y’all are enjoying the fruits of that creativity as I share the recipes for my recent baking endeavors! I have some savory dinner recipes in the works too, so keep an eye out for those.
In other news, I’m excited to share this week’s list of things that have been bringing me joy:
- First and foremost…please go vote! Greg and I voted early on Monday. Check out vote.org to make your plan to vote if you haven’t already.
- I really love Nina Berenato’s jewelry designs, and she recently launched an earring subscription box. Nina is a local jewelry designer in Austin, and she does really cool things to build up women and minority owned small businesses. I was excited to sign up for her subscription, which sends a new pair of studs every month. I’ve been wanting to build up my collection of staple earrings because most of my collection right now are dangly statement pieces. The October pair were little gold lightning bolts, and I haven’t taken them off since they arrived. Definitely staple pieces!
- As I’m writing this, I’m eating my favorite ramen recipe for dinner-Half Baked Harvest’s Better for You Instant Pot Chicken and Spinach Ramen. Yum!
- This next one is something I’m looking forward to more than something that’s bringing me joy at the moment, but I’m counting it. There’s this thing called National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) where a bunch of crazy writers all commit to writing a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. I decided I’m going to do it this year, and I’m really excited about it. I’ve completed it twice and attempted it one or two other times. It’s really hard as an adult to find the time to get all the writing in during the month. I’m hoping that I can do it this year, though, since we’re still spending so much time at home. I’m trying a thriller for the first time, so fingers crossed!
- Greg and I watched Molly’s Game on Netflix this week and really enjoyed it. I had meant to watch it a few years ago when it was nominated for the Oscars but never got around to it. I find movies like this that are about how real people maneuver the gambling world fascinating.
- If you’re looking for a spooky read for Halloween, I recently finished Mexican Gothic and highly recommend it. I don’t normally like the horror genre, but this one wasn’t too freaky. Trippy is probably the best way to describe it.
- I read this Apartment Therapy article about 3 Questions I Ask Myself When I Start Decluttering and wanted to share because I feel like it’s a fresh take on the decluttering topic. I partially liked it because it validates my conviction that keeping random craft supplies without an immediate project plan is a good idea.
- I jumped on the bandwagon and watched Emily in Paris. Is it believable? Not at all. Is it fun? Absolutely. I’m hoping there’s a season 2 in the works.
That’s all for now! What are you loving this week? Anything we should check out? We’d love to hear from you, either on social media or in the comments below. And if you haven’t already, subscribe to our newsletter to get updates about new posts.
**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click a link and make no a purchase, we may earn a commission.**