Hello! Welcome back to another what’s on my mind, where I tell you about the latest things I’m thinking about. Let’s get into it.
- The Presidential Debate. Um… So yeah shit show is pretty much the only way to describe this experience. Candidly, I walked away feeling affirmed in who I was voting for (hint: it’s not the man who insulted the father of a recovered addict). I can’t say I’m looking forward to the next one though.
This is also a great reminder to check your voter registration status. In Texas, you have to be registered by 10/5 to be eligible to vote in November’s election. You can check your voter registration status, or register for the first time, at vote.org.
- Holiday Travel. This one is going to be a weird one for me this year. I don’t usually go home for Thanksgiving and opt to spend the extra cash on my Christmas flight instead. Usually I book those pretty early but I still haven’t for this year 😬. What are you doing for the holidays? Especially if you live far from home.
- My New Kitchen Cabinets! Well okay they’re not NEW but I finally added handles to them (2 1/2 years later…) and they feel new! I have a blog post coming soon on how to install kitchen cabinet pulls on your own, including some tips I wish I had learned prior to starting. Stay tuned!
- The Apple Watch Series 6. I don’t usually upgrade my electronics on any regular basis (literally the laptop I’m typing this on is 7 years old). However, my watch is a series 2 and has been glitchy over the last few months. I finally decided to upgrade and get a series 6. I’m really excited for it, especially some of the new features that they have with fitness. Did you upgrade this year?
- Home Decor. We post a lot about home decor and DIY projects but over the last few weeks I’ve been working on some big decor projects for my home. The biggest one has been my office, but I’m also working on re-doing the wall in my kitchen (previously shared on Instagram). I’m waiting for a few art pieces and finishing DIY project before I share but I am very excited to share!
What are some things y’all are thinking about lately? Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on the latest Paint the House Pink news.