Hello! Good morning and welcome back to another what’s on my mind! A list of the latest things I’m thinking about. Let’s jump into it:
- Carly the Prepster’s Small Business Gift Guide. In case you needed a thorough, well put together list for gift ideas, Carly has you covered. I’m a big fan of hers and love her commitment to helping out small businesses, especially this year. I’ve found a few gifts for friends and family this year from her gift guide so highly recommend.
- Sustainable Christmas Trees. It’s no secret that Erica and I do our best to make good choices for the environment. We recently had a conversation about incorporating sustainability practices in our holiday decor (like Upcycled DIY decor projects). This article had a lot of interesting points on the pros of getting a real tree instead of a fake one.
- Christmas in general. I don’t know what it is about the holidays, but I LOVE Christmas more than any other. It’s the only holiday my family celebrates with a lot of togetherness and the season generally just does it for me. This year is going to be a little weird but I’m looking forward to it nonetheless. In case you missed it, I’ve already started decorating.
- Thanksgiving Dinner. (Don’t worry, I also think that Thanksgiving deserves its time, but just like 3 days.) I’ve started looking at recipes for making my own turkey this year. In the past, I’ve brined it with a wet brine, but I have my eye on the Binging with Babish Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Recipe. Will keep you posted on what I end up doing!
- The 2020 Presidential Election. Election week was a WEEK. Candidly, I’m really thrilled with the results from the Presidential election. I think that our President-elect (and HISTORICAL Vice President-elect) are going to bring the necessary unity the United States needs. And, of course, I’m looking forward to holding them accountable for their actions in their new roles.
There you have it – the latest things I’ve been thinking about. Don’t forget to check out some of our other What’s on My Mind posts, and sign up for our newsletter!