Happy Saturday! I can’t believe it’s the last Saturday before Christmas. I thought this year I would be able to take the Christmas season slowly and really savor it. We have had lots of time to hang out and do Christmas things, so the savoring is definitely happening, but it still feels like it’s flying by! Here are some things I’ve been loving this week, including several recipes we’ve loved, a book I couldn’t put down, and a last-minute digital gift idea that supports a small business:
- I recently made this Slow Cooker Pork and Cider Stew from Kitchn and we loved it. It’s a great filling, comforting dinner.
- There is a local ceramics artist named Traci Ward who makes pottery under the business name Plant + Vessel. She makes beautiful pottery and has gotten a lot of coverage from local Austin media. I just ordered a pot from her and am expecting it to come in some time in the New Year. She’s raising funds on IFundWomen (kind of like Kickstarter for women-owned businesses) to help raise money to fund, among other things, purchasing a kiln for her home studio. She’s currently having to drive 80-100 miles round trip to reach the kiln she uses to fire her pottery. Her IFundWomen fundraiser has several different fundraising levels that are accompanied by things like classes and pottery, so this would be a great gift option if you don’t need a tangible thing right away. It also supports a black woman owned small business!
- Like everyone else, I’m completely in love with Evermore. And I’m convinced Taylor Swift has saved 2020. My favorites songs so far are “Willow,” “Gold Rush,” “Champagne Problems,” and “No Body, No Crime.” I’m sure that list will change the more I listen to it though.
- My Lit Sh*t cohosts, Angie and Staci, and I are currently recording season 2, which will start in January. I’d never read a romance novel before, but Angie and Staci got me to try out the genre for this season. I just finished The King Maker by Kennedy Ryan and loved it. I binged it all in two days. The female lead is a Native American activist, and the male love interest is an environmentalist (swoon!). I expected romance novels to be fluffy and cheesy, but this one was really good and I learned some things about indigenous communities. I highly recommend it.
- Greg and I have been watching through the Netflix original Christmas movies, especially The Princess Switch and The Princess Switch: Switched Again. Fun fact: the Netflix Christmas movies take place in the same cinematic universe, and currently there are four characters in that universe played by Vanessa Hudgens (3 in The Princess Switch series and one in The Knight Before Christmas). I have this dream of a Vanessa Hudgens Christmas army. She has some kind of multi-film contract with Netflix, so I think it can happen. There’s a third Princess Switch movie in the works, so fingers crossed that gives us a fifth Vanessa Hudgens character.
- Another recipe we absolutely loved: these Black Bean Sweet Potato Enchiladas from Cookie + Kate. They are getting added to our recipe rotation for vegetarian nights. I had some avocados I needed to use up that I put on top to serve the enchiladas, and that was a good choice.
- I picked up some sugar cookie flavored Hershey’s Kisses on a whim, and they are SO GOOD! I thought they would just be white chocolate with vanilla flavor added, but THEY HAVE TINY COOKIES INSIDE. Mind = blown.
What are you loving this week? What are your plans for the holidays? We’d love to hear from you, either in the comments below or on social media. You can also find our other What’s On My Mind posts here, and sign up for our email newsletter to get updates about new posts 🙂
**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click a link and make a purchase we may earn a commission, at no cost to you.**