Happy Saturday! In case there was any doubt, it is now full-fledged summer in Austin. We’ve been conserving electricity all week because apparently our power grid is so unique and special that it can’t function when it’s cold OR when it’s hot. It’s fun. I did make pizza on the grill this week, though, and that was actually fun. Here are some other fun things I’ve been loving lately:
- I’ve been reading and loving Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore this week. It’s a historical romance set in Victorian England and it’s kind of like Bridgerton with suffragettes. Love. It.
- Speaking of Bridgerton, I also just finished Romancing Mr. Bridgerton. It’s the fourth book in the series and follows Colin and Penelope. My favorite parts of the Bridgerton books are the dialogue between the siblings. Since Penelope is almost like a Bridgerton sibling because of her friendship with Eloise, this one is an absolute delight.
- I nearly set my desk on fire last week because the striker on my matchbox is really dull. It takes a lot of force to get a match to light. The match I was using ignited, snapped in half, and then fell on the edge of my notebook. I ordered this little ceramic match striker from Etsy for my office. It’s so cute and small! I also ordered this match striker that doubles as a candle holder for our living room. Both are a major improvement over the matchbox.
- I’m currently burning this candle from Harlem Candle Company. The vessel is gorgeous. I’m still trying to decide how I feel about the scent. It’s sweet and and pretty clean smelling, but I’m trying to decide if it’s too sweet for me. I usually gravitate towards more florals.
- Greg and I finally grouted the tile we laid in our guest bathroom three months ago. I found House of Esperanza’s Instagram stories about tiling really helpful in this process.
- Like the rest of the world, I’ve been playing Olivia Rodrigo on repeat. “Traitor” and “Deja Vu” are my favorite songs. I think her storytelling with her lyrics is fantastic. I also really love “Good 4 U,” because who doesn’t?
- I made these salted tahini butter chocolate chip cookies from Half Baked Harvest this week. They were a little crumbly, but still delicious, and I love that I can cook them for my friends with Celiac. I’m going to be making them again soon for a girls’ night.
What are you loving this week? Any books or recipes I should check out? We’d love to hear from you, either on social media or in the comments below!
**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click a link and make a purchase we may earn a commission at no cost to you.**