Hello! I’m back with another What’s on My Mind post. My thoughts keep circling back to everything on the list today, so I feel like I’m even more excited to share it than I normally am. And I really enjoy sharing these what’s on my mind posts. I love telling people about the things that are making me happy in case they will make others happy too! Let’s get to it:
- I love Sarah J. Maas, and I just finished reading her newest book. It’s called A Court of Silver Flames, and it’s the fifth book in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series. I couldn’t put it down. This book is about my least favorite character in the series, and by the end of the book I loved her. Maas is that good.
- I’ve been following Apricity Ceramics on Instagram for a while. I finally ordered a mug from her Drops of Honey collection. It’s beautiful, and it makes me so happy.
- I made Half Baked Harvest’s Persian Inspired Herb and Beef Stew this week, and it was delicious. I don’t cook with beef very often, so this was a treat. It’s so herby and flavorful.
- I’m at that point in quarantine where all my lounge pants are past the point of no return. I’m talking holes in the butt, elastic stretched to nonexistence…it’s not a good look. I’ve been obsessed with Pact lately for sustainably produced basics. They make their clothes with organic cotton, which saves a ton of water and doesn’t release microplastics like synthetic fabrics do. I have their classic fit bikini underwear, their masks, and I just ordered two pairs of the foldover lounge pants. The pants are sold out now, but they just released a new style of sweatpants. Greg loves their essential sweatpants for men.
- Another book recommendation: I also just finished The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. It’s about two sisters in France in World War II. I also feel like fiction about WWII doesn’t cover France as often, so I feel like I learned a new perspective. This book is set to be made into a movie soon starring the Fanning sisters, so read it before it hits the big screen!
- Tomorrow is pi day! I’m making a strawberry pistacho pie from the Sister Pie cookbook to celebrate.
What have you been loving lately? Is there anything you recommend we check out? We’d love to hear from you, either in the comments below or on social media. Also, check out our email newsletter for updates and exclusive content.
**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click a link and make a purchase we may earn a commission at no cost to you.**