Happy Saturday! If I’m being honest, this week has been a full on roller coaster. But we’re here for some positivity so let’s get into it.
- Dogs. I got some bad news about one of my family dogs this week that’s been rough. Times like this remind me of my experiences with foster dogs. We get them for a limited time, but eventually they leave and we’re left with the happy memories. If you haven’t, check out my tips on fostering dogs.
- Lentil Soup. I tried a new lentil soup recipe that came out SO good. I followed this one from Recipetineats, with a few changes. I added a little tumeric (about 1 tsp), used 8 cups of vegetable stock instead of 6, and used about 2 cups of carrots and celery instead of 1 1/4. I’ve also tested freezing it and heating it up from being frozen. 10/10 recipe, highly recommend.
- Foster Bryce. I’ve shared about Foster Bryce before, but I’m thrilled to announce he’s coming back this weekend! I’m looking forward to having my buddy back and I’m testing out a new harness for y’all (post on my dog necessities coming in the next few months!).
- Scrub Daddy Sponges. I’ve always been a fan of scrub daddy sponges after seeing them on Shark Tank. However, my biggest critique is that they deteriorate pretty quickly because of the holes that make the face. I was recently introduced to the dual sided sponge and I’ve found sponge heaven! (Is that a thing? I’m making it a thing). The soft side is perfect for lathering up with a smooth sponge that won’t scratch, and the rough side is great for getting stuck on food off dishes (also without scratching).
- March Madness. I might have mentioned before that I’m a UConn Alumna. Storrs is basically the basketball capitol of the world and I graduated a big UConn basketball fan. I’m VERY excited to watch the men and women in the tournament this year. Go Huskies!
**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click a link and make a purchase we may earn a commission at no cost to you.**