Happy Saturday! We’ve reached the point in the year where the weather is absolutely gorgeous, so Greg and I try to eat dinner on our back patio as much as possible. The oak pollen and the allergies it gives me put a slight damper on these efforts, but we press on! Here are some other things that have been bringing me joy this week:
- I made these banh mi burgers from The Modern Proper this week and they were delicious. I am definitely adding them to my grill season rotation. Banh mi is one of my favorite flavor profiles (themes? combinations?).
- Greg and I started watching Made For Love on HBO Max. It’s a dark comedy/thriller about a woman married to an eccentric tech genius. Her husband has put a chip in her brain that gives him a feed of her sensory experiences and emotions, and she’s trying to get out of the marriage. It’s laugh out loud funny, but also a little disturbing.
- I am SO EXCITED about Taylor Swift’s Fearless rerelease. Taylor Swift is a year older than me, so I feel like I grew up with her and went through a lot of similar things at the same times as she did. It’s been interesting re-listening to Fearless and thinking about where I am in my life now vs. when it came out when I was in high school. It’s a reminder of how much I feel like I’ve grown.
- Speaking of Taylor Swift-I just tried this HIIT dance workout by emkfit that’s set to Taylor’s music. It kicked my butt, but it was also a lot of fun. I felt myself smiling at several points while doing it. I want to try emkfit’s Britney Spears workout next.
- I’ll be spending the entirety of this weekend on my couch, reading the second and third books of Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Wicked trilogy. They’re fantasy/romance books about a fae-hunter named Ivy (in this series fae are like vampires with magic powers). I highly recommend them if you’re into authors like Sarah J. Maas.
- Greg and I got Discovery+, so we’ve been watching HGTV’s Design Star Next Gen and Rock the Block. I’ve been following Carmeon Hamilton for a while, so it was super fun to cheer for her on Design Star. And I’m super impressed by the houses on Rock the Block this year!
What are you into this week? Is there anything I should check out? We’d love to hear from you, either in the comments below or on social media. Also, check out our email newsletter for exclusive content and updates about new posts.
**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click a link and make a purchase we may earn a commission at no cost to you.**