Happy Saturday! I hope you had a great week. I got the second dose of my COVID vaccine, which was a relief. It kicked my butt though. I spent most of the day after in bed with a fever, but luckily it was short lived and I’m one step closer to being able to see people who are not my husband. I love him, but I really want to hug my girlfriends, you know? Today’s What’s On My Mind roundup includes some things that got me through that recovery day. Also, tacos. Let’s get to it:
- After getting tired of panicking at 10pm because I wanted to go to bed but our sheets were still damp in the washer, we ordered a second set of sheets. That way I can put fresh ones on the bed when I strip it instead of at night when I’m tired and just want to be done for the day and realize I’ve forgotten to make the move to the dryer. We ordered a set of linen sheets from Bed Threads (ours are the pink clay color). They make us feel fancy AF. Also, they were cozy when I spent that entire post-shot day in bed. Worth it.
- I recently discovered Nadiya Bakes on Netflix, and I spent most of my non-sleeping time of the vaccine recovery watching it. Nadiya Hussain is one of my favorite GBBO winners, and this show is a delight. I want to bake every single thing she makes on the show. It’s a good stand-in if you’re feeling the lull in between Bake-Off seasons.
- I also watched Waffles and Mochi, which is adorable. Definitely meant for kids, but it would be great if you have little ones. Or are stuck on the couch all day. Plus it stars Michelle Obama. Need I say more?
- I just finished An Offer From a Gentleman, which is the third book in the Bridgerton series. Like all the Bridgerton books so far, it’s a fun read. I love the dialogue in the series, especially between the Bridgerton brothers. This one follows Benedict’s love story and is a twist on the classic Cinderella storyline. Mark my words: gloves will be the spoons of the 2022 season.
- Did you know you can chat Amazon customer support and ask them to leave a note in your account so they don’t package your orders with plastic? I tried it a few weeks ago and my first order came in a cushioned paper pouch instead of the usual plastic ones. I’m not sure if it will stick, but if you use Amazon a lot, it’s a more eco-friendly option that’s worth a try!
- These street corn tacos from Chelsea’s Messy Apron are my new favorite taco recipe. I’m a sucker for all things street corn!
What are you loving lately? Do you have any recommendations of things I should check out? We’d love to hear from you, either in the comments below or on social media.
**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click a link and make a purchase we may earn a commission at no cost to you.**