Happy Saturday and welcome back to another What’s on My Mind! Let’s jump into it.
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21s. I’ve been using New Balance 860s for running the last few months and finally bought a new pair of Brooks Adrenalines. I originally didn’t think there would be that much of a difference between them. Boy was I wrong, the difference is huge! The Brooks shoes are so supportive and really great for easing back into running.
- My New Gym. I recently joined a gym that is focused on building strength via scheduled HIIT-style classes (like CrossFit but less intense). I just finished my 3rd week and I’m loving it. I’ve finally gotten used to the workouts and am less sore. It’s been a fun way to ease back into fitness in a safe way.
- New COVID Mask Recommendations. The CDC recently released new guidance for masks if you’ve been fully vaccinated. This is BIG news in thinking about any sense of “return to normal”. Being honest, I think I might continue to wear my mask in public. It’s now like a security blanket, and a little second nature. Will you continue to mask up?
- Duolingo Update. In case you missed my post on becoming bilingual, I’m still going strong with my streak. My current streak is 418 days, and the section I’m on now in Spanish is about directions. Also I started a little bit of Norwegian, but the extent of what I know is “jeg er en kvinne” (I am a woman), so not quite as far as Spanish.
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe. In case you weren’t aware, I’m a big fan of the MCU. I recently discovered that Disney+ has a function to watch all the movies in MCU chronological order and have been going through them. Highly recommend if it’s something you’ve been interested in. (Warning: it doesn’t include the new Spiderman movies).
How has your week been? Let us know in the comments! Don’t forget to check out the latest from Paint the House Pink on Instagram.
**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click a link and make a purchase we may earn a commission.**