Hi friends, welcome back. How has your week been? Mine has been GREAT. It’s a 3-day weekend, the weather is supposed to be beautiful, life is good. Let’s get into it.
- Holidays. I’m incredibly excited for having a 3 day weekend. Between work and life, I’m excited to have an extra day to just relax, enjoy my space, take more time for myself. What are your plans for the weekend?
- Comfy Clothes. I recently bought this cropped sports bra after seeing someone rave about it on TikTok and I’ve been LOVING it. It’s super comfy, and perfect support for lounging around the house or running errands. It’s not really designed for high impact workouts, so I wouldn’t run in it, but yoga might work. Follow the size chart and consider sizing down if you want a tighter fit.
- Family. Visiting Connecticut is always a little bittersweet. I’m thankful to see my family, but always miss Austin a little, but then I get a little sad leaving family. I was able to go back to CT this past weekend and see my entire immediate family, plus meet my new niece (one of my best friends had a daughter in April)!! It was an amazing trip, with highlights including:
- Ice Cream. The photo for this blog is from my favorite soft serve ice cream place in my hometown, Stew Leonards. I make a point to get some every time I’m in town. There’s something extra nostalgic about chocolate soft serve with chocolate sprinkles (yes, specifically chocolate sprinkles).
- Pizza. Finally, my FAVORITE thing about visiting CT, getting some good ol’ New Haven Style Pizza (it’s a thing). Despite being lactose intolerant, pizza is absolutely my kryptonite. I get it every time I’m home. However, Austin is not exactly known for it’s pizza. Homeslice is the only decent pizza in town (because it’s NY style), but it’s not always convenient to get to.
What are your plans for the holiday weekend? What are some things that give you a little bit of nostalgia? Let us know in the comments.
**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click a link and make a purchase we may earn a commission at no cost to you.**