Happy Saturday! My 30th birthday is this week. I’m quite excited about it, not just because “thirty, flirty, and thriving” finally applies to me. If I could go back in time and tell 20-year-old me all the good things that were coming in the next decade, I don’t think I would have believed it. I’m excited to see what my thirties hold. I feel like I’m going into this decade with a clear sense of who I am. I’m excited to see where that takes me.
Greg and I also just got back from a trip to Palm Springs. Normally when we travel we like to go to cities where there are a lot of museums and things to do and check out. We decided that this time around, we wanted somewhere we could just go and chill. We also wanted somewhere we thought we could maintain social distancing since we’re still in a pandemic, even though we’re fully vaccinated now. I’ll start with the Palm Springs things at the top of this week’s favorites, then touch on the random stuff at the bottom:
- We stayed at the Desert Riviera Hotel and LOVED it. I cannot recommend this hotel enough if you are considering a trip to Palm Springs. It was clean, the staff are really friendly, and there are a ton of little amenities that enhance the experience. The hotel also only has ten rooms, so we felt good about being able to hang out by the pool most days and be pretty secluded.
- One of my favorite things to do when I travel is just wander around taking in the local architecture. Palm Springs is complete mid-century modern eye candy. Their visitors bureau even has a self-guided driving tour on their site.
- My favorite thing we did was go out and drive/hike in Joshua Tree. I think the desert is beautiful in a wild way, and Joshua Tree embodies that.
- My two favorite restaurants we went to were Eight4Nine and Cheeky’s. Both had great brunch options.
- We also checked out the Palm Springs Vintage Market. It’s closed for the summer now, but if you visit Palm Springs in the spring or fall it’s worth checking out. It’s outside, and there are tons of different types of vendors. We saw some gorgeous mid-century furniture.
- Have you seen our post about sustainable toiletry swaps? A lot of these swaps make flying with just a carry-on easier because they cut down on the amount of liquids you need to bring.
- One of the books I brought with me and loved was The Girls I’ve Been by Tess Sharpe. It’s about a teenage con artist who gets caught as a hostage in a bank robbery. The character’s story unfolds throughout the book, and I really enjoyed getting to know her. It’s also being made into a movie starring Millie Bobby Brown.
- I have this Vetta skort in blue and it was great for our trip. It has a wrap so it can be worn as a skirt, or you can wear the shorts without the wrap. I felt cute and dressy when I wore it with a white t-shirt, and it also looked good with my Girlfriend Collective bra worn as a crop top. I want to try to get it in black.
- I bought some Draper James masks now that I’m vaccinated and going out in public more. I wanted something cute to build outfits around. These are super comfortable, and I love that they have a piece in the nose that helps you mold the mask around your face. They also have filters you can add between the inside layers of the mask.
- I recently made this oven-baked super-green falafel from PureWow. It was delicious, easy, and packed full of veggies. Win/win/win!
What are you loving lately? Do you have any upcoming travel plans? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below or on social media!
**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click a link and make a purchase we may earn a commission.**