Hey, you. Welcome back to the blog! Here’s what’s been on my mind lately.
- Museum of Ice Cream. If you follow us on Insta, it’s no secret that I love interactive art exhibits (like this one). My friend recently told me that the Museum of Ice Cream is coming to Austin and I am THRILLED. (Interactive art exhibits are basically mini studios where you can take Instagram photos. Basic af? Definitely. Do I have any shame? Absolutely not.)
- My Birthday Trip. I finally came to the decision of what I want to do for my birthday this year: go to the beach. Growing up in Connecticut near the coast, I could get to the beach in 10 minutes flat. Not the case in Austin. I started looking at flights and TBD on where I end up, but open to recommendations. Charleston? Greece? Italy? Mexico? Bonus points if it’s a good solo trip. Let me know.
- Painting My House. After 3 1/2 years in my home, I’m getting to a point where I want a big change with it. One of the bigger projects on my mind is painting the house, but I wasn’t sure what color to do it. My house is brown but has a yellow/cream limestone on the bottom that throws off what colors I can consider. Current top contender is a dark gray/navy with white trim. While this could be a DIY project, I’ll most likely hire a professional to do it and will share what that process was like when I get there.
- Real estate, generally. A few friends are shopping for houses right now and it still blows my mind that the real estate market is what it is right now. I’m thankful to own my home and not actively searching, but also it’s low key tempting to sell and rent for a while. This is one of those adulting things that’s weird to navigate. Are you currently house hunting? How is that going for you?
- Boston, MA. I recently got back from visiting my sister in Boston and completely forgot about how much I loved the city. The combination of history and modern business/technology is gorgeous and I always feel right at home when I visit. Plus, I love Italian food and you can’t beat any restaurant in the North End. At this point, I’m considering it a strong contender for my next home after Austin. Except, I grew up a Yankees fan, which may be a slight problem.
What’s bringing you joy lately? Let us know in the comments!