Happy Saturday! I’m taking a long weekend to have some time to catch my breath and recharge. I’m looking forward to working on some projects. What are your plans? If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, this week’s “What’s on My Mind” list has a movie I loved and a cookbook I’m excited about:
- I went to one of my local nurseries last weekend, and it was so good for my soul. Normally I go plant shopping once a month, but with COVID that routine has been put on pause lately. I made a special trip down to The Great Outdoors, which is one of the larger nurseries in Austin. I felt pretty safe going because most of the facility is outside. Getting to engage in this ritual again brought a much-needed feeling of normalcy to my week. I’m looking forward to going again next month.
- Greg and I watched The Spy Who Dumped Me and thought it was hilarious. Kate McKinnon is amazing in everything she does, and it also has Mila Kunis and the actor who plays Jamie in Outlander. It’s free to stream with Amazon Prime, so I highly recommend it.
- I recently got a copy of Sister Pie and I am very excited to start trying some of the recipes in it.
- I’m working on another project, a podcast called Lit Sh*t, and we’re launching on September 1st!!! I’m very excited about this because my cohosts and I have been working on it all summer. It’s about the three of us reading, talking about what we read, and gossiping about the characters as if they’re real people. It’s been super fun to make so I’m excited to release it into the world.
- I’ve been listening to a lot of Fleetwood Mac lately. It came up in one of the books we’ve been reading for Lit Shit, and it’s been fun to listen to while cooking dinner.
- Also…Folklore. Invisible Thread, Cardigan, and Mirrorball are my favorites, but it grows on me more and more each time I listen to it.
That’s it for now! Not a lot going on at the moment, but that’s fine with me. What have you been digging lately? We’d love to hear from you, either on social media or in the comments below. And don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to get notifications about new content!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click a link and make a purchase, we may get a commission.